Sleep deprivation affects our mental, emotional and physical health and if left untreated may lead to long-term health consequences
Sleep Health Awareness
- Do you have trouble falling asleep?
- Do you have trouble staying asleep?
- Do you waken unrefreshed and feeling exhausted during the day?
- Do worry about your mood, concentration levels and poor memory?
- Do you worry about your mental and physical health due to poor sleep?
- Is your poor sleep affecting your relationships?
If you answered yes to 2 or more questions above, chances are you are not sleeping well!
Poor sleep can result in low mood, poor concentration, memory impairment, lack of energy, increased appetite, and relationship disharmony. worsen, underlying medical and mental health problems. Many sleep problems have a significant psychological dimension.
Symptoms of poor sleep include:
- Low energy/fatigue, feeling tired all the time
- Lack of motivation or drive
- Concentration or memory problems
- Reduced performance at school or work
- Mood changes
- Daytime sleepiness
- Errors at work or whilst driving
- Muscle tension, headaches or upset stomach
- Frustration or worry about your sleep