Edinburgh Paediatric PSG Course
Paediatric Polysomnography Course
This unique two day course offers a hands-on approach to understanding paediatric sleep medicine as well as adolescent sleep issues.
The 4th Annual Edinburgh Paediatric PSG Course will be held on 4 -5 June 2021 (Limited availability)
About the course
This course is geared particularly towards all health professionals working in the area of paediatric sleep medicine and general paediatric medicine but is also suitable for those working in adult sleep medicine or in the general area of sleep.
This course is open to applicants from all countries who wish to gain or improve their skills in setting up, scoring and interpreting full polysomnographic sleep studies. You will need a strong understanding of spoken English.
The course is primarily aimed at:
- Medical trainees
- Allied health professionals
- Anyone with a professional interest in sleep medicine
This course is accredited for 12 CPD points for those completing or furthering their professional qualifications.
What you will learn
We focus on the understanding and evaluation of polysomnographic recordings, and the course will take a hands-on approach to using polysomnography. The course provides practical demonstrations and individualised practice in setting up and scoring polysomnography and polygraphy in children.
Aims and objectives
The course will focus on paediatric sleep patterns.
The course will be largely practical, with the aim of equipping health practitioners to carry out polysomnographic tests within their current line of work.
Over the duration of course we aim to:
- facilitate the understanding of polysomnography
- cover the basic practical skills required including wiring up, troubleshooting and report interpretation
- develop and improve these core practical skills.
Experienced staff will be on-hand throughout the course, allowing maximum time for questions and one-to-one time during individual scoring practice.
Delegate numbers are strictly limited to a ratio of 3:1, allowing for tailoring of the programme to the individual needs of the attendees.
The course will include lectures, hands-on workshops and group exercises. Topics covered:
- The basics of paediatric sleep from newborn to adolescent
- Setting up polysomnography and polygraphy in children
- Understanding sleep staging from the newborn to the adolescent
- Differences between paediatric and adult sleep
- Adolescent sleep issues and the role of actigraphy
- Assessing sleepiness
Registration and further information
If you would like to register for any of the courses or require further information, please get in touch.