Edinburgh Adult PSG Course
This two day course offers practical training on conducting and interpreting polysomnographic recordings
Course dates for 2020:
- 7th to 8th February 2020
- 1st to 2nd May 2020
- 4th to 5th September 2020
- 6th to 7th November 2020
About the course
This two day course is suitable for health professionals.
This course is open to applicants from all countries who wish to gain or improve their skills in setting up, scoring and interpreting full polysomnographic sleep studies. You will need a strong understanding of spoken English.
The course is primarily aimed at:
- Medical trainees
- Allied health professionals
- Anyone with a professional interest in sleep medicine
This course is accredited for 12 CPD points for those completing or furthering their professional qualifications.
This course is good preparation for working towards Sleep exams
What you will learn
We focus on the understanding and evaluation of polysomnographic recordings, and the course will take a hands-on approach to using polysomnography.
Aims and objectives
The course will primarily focus on adult sleep patterns, though some paediatric sleep studies will be considered.
The course will be largely practical, with the aim of equipping health practitioners to carry out polysomnographic tests within their current line of work.
Over the duration of course we aim to:
- facilitate the understanding of polysomnography
- cover the basic practical skills required including wiring up, troubleshooting and report interpretation
- develop and improve these core practical skills.
Experienced staff will be on-hand throughout the course, allowing maximum time for questions and one-to-one time during individual scoring practice.
Delegate numbers are strictly limited to a ratio of 3:1, allowing for tailoring of the programme to the individual needs of the attendees.
The course will include lectures, hands-on workshops and group exercises. Topics covered:
- Setting up full polysomnography
- Limb movements; EEG arousals; Respiratory events
- Stages of sleep
- Signal Artefact
- Multiple sleep latency test (MSLT)
- Maintenance of wakefulness test (MWT)
Registration and further information
If you would like to register for any of the courses or require further information, please get in touch.